Captain Robert A. Meeker
My experience spans over 50 years operating all kinds of vessels. The diverse range includes my antique Garwood speedboat, cabin cruisers, the fastest yacht 2001, sailing yachts of all types, and the opportunity to be at the helm of the sailing schooner “America” twice. It all started when I crossed the Atlantic as a child aboard the RMS Queen Mary & RMS Queen Elizabeth.
US Merchant Marine Officer, Master of Steam, Motor and Auxiliary Sail,100GT, Near Coastal. Assistance Towing, Ordinary Seaman, Wiper, Steward’s Department (F. H.) 2009- Current. Bilingual and bicultural in German.
On The Water Experience
Personal starting point
- 1970 First boat, 1974 First Power boat.
- 1979 First sailboat.
- 1975 Michigan Safe Boaters License.
- 1976 Sailing certificate, Leland Yacht Club, Leland MI.
- 1986 US Skiing Instructor Certification.
- 1987 National One-Design, World Championship, Leland, MI.
- 2009 Master 100 GRT Motor, Sail & Towing.
- 2018 Master Diving certification.