Captain Allan Miller
Location : Ballston Spa NY
Captain Allan Miller is an experienced, on the water skipper of both power and sailboats, with enthusiasm for all things on water, in any of its forms. I love to teach and help my students get that same thrill of being on the water and having fun safely.
I learned sailing while at university. After moving to Saratoga Springs, NY, my family and I became members of the Saratoga Lake Sailing Club. As an active member, I started programs for the membership to teach Boater Safety, Safe Powerboat Handling, and Boat Rescues. I am also involved in running sailboat races, coaching sailing and sailboat racing.
- USCG Master to 50-ton vessels since 2011
- New York State Pilot and Engineer since 2011
- New York State Boater Safety Instructor since 2011
- US Powerboating Safe Powerboat Handling Instructor since 2014
- US Sailing Level 1 and Level 2 Instructor since 2006
- US Sailing Level 3 Coach since 2014
- US Sailing Club Race Officer since 2019
Hard Water and Related Experience:
- Adaptive ski instructor, PSIA Certified level 1 and level 2 accreditation in all specialties
- National Ski Patrol, patroller, Outdoor Emergency Care (first Aid) instructor, & instructor trainer
AHA CPR & First Aid Instructor and Instructor Trainer