Captain Tanya Dowdy
Location : Charleston, SC
Captain Tanya Dowdy's passion for fishing and boating began at an early age, and she now ranks as one of the few female fishing charter guides in Charleston.
Nothing "floats her boat" more than watching a budding angler catch their first fish.
She also gets great satisfaction teaching someone how to operate a boat safely and confidently on the water.
She is a certified USCG captain and US powerboating instructor.
Power Boating Experience:
- 2013-present "Something In Red"- Action Craft 19ft
inshore/ nearshore fishing and cruising
- 2018-present "Shockwave" - Contender 35
- 1999-2013 "Salty Paws" Stinger 16ft
inshore fishing and cruising
- 1997-1999 Wellcraft 180 Bowrider
- 1980-1992 "NanciAnn" Thunderbird 16ft
I spent a large part of my youth sailing on 28ft Catalina,
Rainbow 24, Sunfish and Fireball sailboats
Training & Certifications:
- 2021 Sea School Fort Lauderdale - USCG OUPV Captain
- 2021 Safe Powerboat Handling Course
- 1987 Annapolis Sailing School -ASA 101 Basic Keelboat Sailing
Subscribe on YouTube