Chris Edmonston, CEO
With an impressive 30-year history of unwavering dedication to keeping waterways accessible, safe, and clean, Chris brings valuable expertise to SaferBoater.
A former president of BoatUS Foundation, Chris spearheads the "My New Boat" program, a venture he has passionately envisioned for years.
Over the years, Chris has worked in many aspects of boating. Marinas, dealerships, retail stores and as the CEO of BoatU.S.
Strong business & professional skills in strategic planning, Budgeting, Operations Management, data analysis, and government affairs. Extensive knowledge of state and federal laws that pertain to boating, and environmental issues that affect boating.
Education : VMI
Boards & Committees :
National Boating Safety Advisory Committee
Board Member · Aug 2021 - Present
- The Boating Safety Advisory Committee is a federal advisory group. BSAC provides advice and recommendations to the Secretary of Homeland Security through the Commandant of the Coast Guard on matters relating to Recreational Boating Safety.
Outdoor Recreation Roundtable
Executive committee/board of directors · Jul 2017 - Present
- One of six members of the executive board for the Outdoor Recreation Roundtable, the voice of the outdoor recreation industry.
United States Coast Guard Auxiliary Association
Board Of Directors · Jul 2014 - Present
National Safe Boating Council (NSBC)
Past Chairman · Sep 2013 - Present
- Chaired the NSBC from 9/13 to 9/15
Recreational Boating and Fishing Foundation (RBFF)
Board Of Directors · Jun 2012 - Present
- The mission of the RBFF is to promote participation in recreational fishing and boating.
The Sport Fish And Boating Partnership Council
Chair · Jan 2012 - Present
- The Council is a federal advisory board. Members are appointed by the secretary of the interior. The purpose of the council is to advise the secretary on matters that affect fishing and boating.
National Association of State Boating Law Administrators (NASBLA) Education Standards Panel
Past Chairman · Mar 2011 - Present
- The Education Standards Panel sets the requirements for recreational boater education in the United States. I was chairman for 2016.
Boat Owners Association of the United States
Vice President · Nov 2008 - Present
- Associated with BoatU.S.
- I've was an officer of BoatU.S. from 2000 - 2023.
- I presently also serve as an officer for the board of directors and on the executive committee.